Silverside is taken from the hindquarter, and this large, lean, boneless cut of meat has very little marbling of fat and a wide-grained texture. It gets its name from the shiny silvery membrane covering its internal surface.
Silverside is best pot-roasted or roasted in the oven with some liquid in the roasting tray so that steam is created to keep the joint moist. Don’t forget to rest your joint for at least 20 minutes before serving. Remember to save the roasting juices for delicious gravy.
Trimmed to perfection by our master butchers – Available for our customers in 4 different weights to suit the size of joint you need
• Silverside is regarded as one of the prime roasting joints.
• Our Welsh Silverside of Beef for slow roasting for a midweek or weekend dinner
• Try serving with a delicious red wine and onion gravy (recipe here) for the perfect roast dinner
• Try cooking in a slow cooker for meat that melts in the mouth
• Why not try teaming with our local Pembrokeshire vegetables (which can be purchased in store) for the perfect meal
Why Prendergast Butchers?
Established in 1950, Prendergast Butchers have been serving the community of Haverfordwest and surrounding areas ever since. With a wide and varied choice of locally sourced meats and produce we still strive ourselves today on the same traditional values installed by the founder of the business.
• All of the Welsh Beef we supply has full traceability for your peace of mind
• At Prendergast Butchers we are Farm Assured so you can be sure of the quailty of our Produce.
• For information on Welsh Beef please see this link: http://eatwelshlambandwelshbeef.com/en/welsh-beef
• For inspiration, customers are welcome to visit our recipes page or visit us in person. We look forward to seeing you.
• Please feel free to share your recipes and photos with us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/PrendergastButchers/