This stew is a traditional dish that is tasty with just a hint of spice, this can be done on the hob or for the best results leave to cook in a slow cooker to allow the meat to become tender.
- 400g Diced Stewing Beef, all visible fat removed
- 2 Red Peppers, de-seeded and diced in to bite size chunks
- 1 Small Sweet Potato, peeled and diced in to bite size pieces
- 200g Green Beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 Onion, Peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sweetener
- 200g passata
- 200ml beef stock
- 1 to 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
Brown the meat and put all the ingredients for the stew in to the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours until meat is tender. If you do not have a slow cooker this can be cooked on the hob, follow the method above, once all ingredients have been added bring to the boil and then simmer on low for 1.5 – 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with boiled rice.